The very lovely Ju from Ju’s musings on life…has challenged me to complete the blogger’s dozen. This is a tricky one kids, with tough questions, but I love her blog and I need something to keep the cobwebs from forming in my brain so I’ll give it a go.
If you haven’t read Ju’s blog, check it out, and clickety click through to Cocoa & Fig too, to read about her cooking adventures with her gorgeous boy, Joe. Be warned though, everything looks scrumptious and if you get tableware envy easily maybe stay away as Ju has the most lovely plates and teacups.
Anyway, I digress, already trying to avoid the mammoth task at hand.
1) You must post the rules
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4) Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog
5) Let them know you tagged them
Coffee and cake to hand, here I go…
12 (Fun? Not sure the’re Fun but anyway) Facts about me:
1. I detest mushrooms in all forms. Let’s be clear, you will never find me and a mushroom together at the table.
2. I am three days older than my husband, Bird.
3. I lived in Washington DC for 9 months and gained 5kgs (what’s that, about 11 pounds). Brownies and American diners were all too much temptation for me.
4. I used to teach classical ballet.
5. I love the water, love swimming and surfing, but I’m terrified of fish – I’m ichthyophobic. I did give scuba diving a go though…and thoroughly hated it. What was I thinking?
6. I haven’t had my hair cut in 9 months. I really need a haircut but for some reason I just keep putting it off. Analyse that if you will.
7. I’m Australian but I don’t have a strong Australian accent and this annoys some people when they meet me. Sorry, we don’t all speak like we’re on Neighbours. Disappointing, I know.
8. I once spent my month’s food money on a sky dive. Lucky I was working in a restaurant/bar at the time and could eat as many crisps as I needed.
9. I really want to go to Positano. I feel it might be my spiritual home. I might go, right now. Oh no, damn, I have to hang the washing up when the cycle finishes in an hour.
10. I have some pink ugg boots which are 5 years old and I’m sure I’ve worn more than any other footwear I own.
11. I’m ridiculously sentimental. For example, I still have the lipstick I bought especially to wear to my school dance when I was 15.
12. I don’t like carnations. The flower, that is. Nothing personal, I just think there are a lot of prettier flowers out there. Now I feel bad for them seeing that written down. Wouldn’t want them to be extinct or anything, just don’t want them in my vase thanks.
Right, now for my 12 questions from Ju…
1. What is your earliest memory?
When I was 2 and a half my mother and father separated and my mum and my brothers and I moved from our family home to a block of flats. I remember sitting on the communal stairs and playing with the girl who lived upstairs and I remember the smell of her mother’s cooking (Indian, yum).
2. Which 3 songs would provide the soundtrack to your life?
Live Your Life Be Free – Belinda Carlisle; Skinny Love – Bon Iver; California Soul – Marlena Shaw
3. What is your favourite word?
Cheese. I love it in French – fromage, and Italian too – formaggio.
4. Who would play you in a film of your life?
Living: Audrey Tatou; Not so living: Audrey Hepburn
5. Tell me – in one sentence if you please – your best bit of parenting advice.
Make sure you laugh, really laugh, every day with your children.
6. Please recommend a book.
A Natural History of the Senses – Diane Ackerman
7. What makes you laugh – in a proper real belly-laughing sort of way?
Most Seinfeld episodes: the salty pretzels one, the new car one, “you’ve got to hold the baby”, spring to mind.
8. What five words would your friends would use to describe you?
Today? Cold, hungry, tired, patient, nanna-ish (if that’s even a word)
9. What’s your guilty TV pleasure?
10. What is (in your opinion) the best blog post you have written (please provide a link)?
Favouring one child over another, because it was really hard to admit to myself how I was feeling, and then to the world, but it has been lovely knowing others have felt the same and it was cathartic for me to get it out and into bloggage form.
11. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Having to google how to spell ’embarrassed’ 3 seconds ago, for the billionth time. I can never remember.
12. Name a blog (other than your own) that we all need in our lives.
David Lebovitz. So many inspiring ideas and recipes, and beautiful photos. Always makes me want to cook and eat.
My 12 New Questions:
1. What’s your favourite cheese?
2. Where in Europe would you go, or have you been lucky enough to have been, on a romantic weekend getaway?
3. Do you have a beauty regime, if so what is it?
4. What song would you do at karaoke?
5. Name something you dread doing.
6. Post your favourite photo, of anything, from any time.
7. If you suddenly had an extra hour in the day today, what would you do with it?
8. What’s your favourite family tradition?
9. Do you believe in ghosts or spirits?
10. If you could choose anyone at all to write a guest post on your blog, who would it be?
11. What are your top three girls and top three boys names?
12. Tell me one thing you really want to do before the year is over.
Right, so, who shall I tag and ask to do this homework for me? Don’t worry, I won’t put you in detention if you don’t fancy it! I think I might have to rebel though and not choose 12 – 12 is madness, I don’t even know 12 people, 😉 I’ll tag 6, that’s half a dozen, so close!