I don’t know that I deserve this at all but my lovely friend Lucinda, who writes over at Sophie de Courcy, has bestowed one upon me and I shan’t be rude and turn it down. Thanks Lucinda!
Here it is…a very grown up looking Silver Quill Award:
Of course, with the award comes responsibility. There are questions being asked and they are as follows:
1. Do you prefer rhyming or non rhyming poetry? Rhyming all the way! I get annoyed when I’m reading books to my children and some lines rhyme and others don’t. Stick with the rhyme people!
2. Favourite Shakespeare play? Romeo and Juliet. Yes, that is probably a very boring answer, I’m sure accomplished writers must answer with more obscure Mr S works, but R&J is my favourite. Romance in abundance, tragedy of course, and without it we wouldn’t have the brilliant Baz Luhrmann film of the same name.
3. Favourite author? Today it’s Michael Rosen because Shine is loving We’re Going on a Bear Hunt and I’m loving watching her fall in love with books.
4. What is your favourite music album? Today it is My Head is an Animal by Of Monsters and Men.
5. Which colour do you most dislike? Candy pink.
6. Name a poem or song which makes you feel emotional. Everyone’s Waiting by Missy Higgins was the last song that made me cry.
Now I have to nominate some people who write blogs I love:
*No offence will be taken if you don’t accept awards and don’t want to join in.